About the Library
The Toda Public Library consists of 5 libraries
and Simo-toda minami branch).
Each library has different hours,so visit the pages listed above
or check the calendar.
All libraries may be used free of charge by all visitors.
- Those who live in Toda
- Those who work or study in Toda
- Those who live in the surrounding cities of Warabi, Kawaguchi, Hatogaya,
First Time Borrowers
- A library card is necessary to borrow books.
- To apply for a library card,bring proof of eligibility(as per the above
criteria) to the library.
Acceptable proof of eligibility includes the Alien Registration(Gaikokujin)Card.
- Please complete the application for a library card and present it with the
eligibility document(s) at the front desk.
Your card will be ready immediatery,and it may be used at the main library
as well as all branches in Toda.
It is valid indefinitely,so if any information such as name,address,or
telephone number needs to be updated,
please notify the front desk immediately.
- Books, magazines, picture-story books, DVDs, videos, CDs and cassettes
may be borrowed from the main library or its branches. A limit of 10 items
per person is imposed, with a time limit of 15 days.
- The latest issue of magazines may not be borrowed.
- DVDs, videos, CDs, and cassettes are available at the main library, however with your order, they can be delivered to the branches.
Bring the items you wish to check out aling with your library card to the front desk.
Videos,CDs,DVDs,and cassettes are not placed on shelves,so please bring both
the empty display caseand your card to the counter.
- Please return items at the front desk.
Books and magazines may be returned at book drop boxes in the city train stations.
- Please use the book drop boxes to return books when the library is closed.
- Because they could be damaged in the book drop,please return
videos,CDs,DVDs, cassettes,record album,and books with CD-ROM to the front desk.
- Oversize and picture-story books may not be returned in the drop boxes.
Book Drop Boxes
Outside of each of Toda's three stations on the Saikyo Line,Toda-Kouen,Toda,and Kita-Toda,
drop boxes labeled"みみずくポスト”(horned-owl post)have been placed for your convenience.
(Please note that videos,CDs,DVDs,cassettes,record album,books with CD-ROM,picture-story books,
and oversized items may not be returned via the drop box.)
- Feel free to ask the staff for assistance.
- Computers at the main library,Kami-Toda branch,and the Shimo-Toda Minami
branch are available for library patron use.
- For books that are currently checked out,or for books not in the library catalog,
please fill out a request form and turn it in at the front desk.
- Don't hesitate to consult library staff to help find information.
- The reference room on the second floor of the main library houses
dictionaries, encyclopedias,yearbooks,maps,whitepapers,photo books,statistical
information, newspapers,and other similar reference materials.
staff will also respond to inquiries by phone and letter.
Genealogy research material on both Toda city and Saitama prefecture can be
found in the genealogy corner of the second floor of the main library.
Materials in the library may be copied only if special care is taken
to abide by copyright law.
Some materials may not be photocopied at all,so please check with
the front desk on the second floor.
Visually Inpaired Patrons
Audio books and braille maps are available to patrons with visual inpairments.
Back to the top
We will read material for those who wish,and,when copyright allow,we can record
books on tape.
To apply,or for more information,please visit the main library.
We also accept inquiries by phone.